Rudraksha beads have been used for hundreds of years for japa meditation, to protect, to heal and to focus. I have worked with these beads often (one of my personal malas is rudraksha) and realized I knew very little about them. As questions kept arising both within myself and the inquires of others, I was inspired to post some interesting facts about these beautiful and sacred beads.
Did you know:
- Before rudraksha are dried they actually look blue and are sometimes referred to as blueberry beads.
- The rudraksha tree can grow to 200 feet tall. The tree blooms small sweet smelling flowers in the rainy season.
- Rudraksha are said to increase Shakti or divine energy to the wearer. This is why they are used often in creating malas.
- Some claim that rudraksha have electro-magnetic properties that can aid in healing, anti-aging and curing ailments.
- Rudraksha is said to help align chakras, aid in the quest for spiritual fulfillment and protection.
Whether you wear them for these properties or for their unique beauty, rudraksha can be worn by anyone at any time with joy!
Do you own any rudraksha jewelry or malas? I would love to hear how you utilize and enjoy them.